moses916 wrote:
Just wanted to shine some light before I refer to the Holy Fathers later on tomorrow, once again and NOTHING I WILL SAY IN THE FOLLOWING POSTS EXCEPT FOR THIS POST IS FROM MYSELF AS I HAVEN'T DONE SO IN POSTS BEFORE, I HAVE ONLY POSTED WHAT HOLY FATHERS AND SAINTS HAVE SAID!!! You said we are not like the roman catholics where one size fits all, from what I gather you are saying... we are instead like the protestants where tens of thousands of sizes fit all!!!! Forgive my harshness, but Truth from the Fathers of Holy Orthodoxy is Truth. Saint Nikodemos says that all the faithful, monastics and laity are commanded to obey the commandments... not just monastics, or only clergy. Once again, I hate to single people out, but to those out there who find this teaching hard, stop leading others who are sensitive astray. The Holy Orthodox Church is clear on this issue. Forgive me for saying what I had to say.
No my zealous friend, you are wrong. There are fasting guidelines given by the Church but it is up to the PRIEST (not you or I) to tell others how they should fast. The priest is the doctor, not you or I! He knows if an individual has an illness or if a woman is breast-feeding, or if a person is required to eat certain foods due to health issues or if someone is ready to take on a stricter form of fasting. I stand by what I have said...DO NOT strong arm others into fasting according to what you believe the fathers and elders have taught. It is not your place to interpret the elders then to chastise or exhort others. You are only a layman. Keep your eyes focused on your own fasting rule and don\'t judge your brothers.
Be the first person to like this.