Viewing Single Post
Christos Jonathan Hayward
P.S.
You wrote, \\"I have also asked myself many times - If I use birth control of any kind, either natural or artificial, would the baby I prevented from conceiving be the same one that I will get later on when I cause a successful conception to occur? In other words, did I destroy lives along the way, or did I simply delay the arrival of the same child?\\"
The answer to that one strikes me as fairly simple. Without going into too much biology, if conception is prevented in a marital act, however natural or artificial the means is considered, the genetic material that make the possibility of conception, on both the mother\'s side, are ended permanently. Not delayed; for the same child to be conceived later on is simply impossible, like eating the same sandwich months or years after throwing it into a compost pile.
And if St. John Chrysostom calls contraception worse than murder, I\'m really not sure how much more you want to hear before considering the question as one that the Fathers may have answered.
Be the first person to like this.