Viewing Single Post
St. Dionysius of Zakynthos coudld be called a \\"victim\\" of an extreme hurt...
One night a man came knocking on St. Dionysius\' door begging for refuge from the authorities. St. Dionysius ushered the man into his home asking him why he was being sought after. The man confessed to the saint that he had just killed a man... a monk of a monastery close by. After further questioning St. Dionysius realized the murdered man was his own beloved brother. We can all imagine how it would feel for one of us to lose someone dear in such a horrific way. I, myself can think of all the terrible things I would do and say to someone who would even think of hurting my family. Yet, St. Dionysius did nothing, but show the most selfless love and forgiveness possible, and hid the man from the authorities, and his own family who was seeking revenge. When it was finally safe, St. Dionysius provided his brother\'s murderer with food and money, and sent him on his way.
It is true that he probably did not \\"forget\\" the fact that his brother was murdered, because it was a horrific grief, but he clearly \\"kept no record of wrong\\".
Be the first person to like this.