Viewing Single Post
Thread: Convert-itis
I chose to become Orthodox, by God\'s grace. That is all I have to say. It sums up my belief, my practice and my church membership. I do not give a gnat\'s wisker what the cradle Orthodox think of me, nor what the other converts want from me. I was very active in my parish. No longer. That aspect of the church I do not like. It seems like politics to me. It got me no where in the pursuit of my faith. In fact it detracted. I am disappointed with fallen man\'s problems in and with the church. It is not a perfect organization. It is God made but man administered therefore there will be problems. I am here like a patient in the hospital, I need to heal my soul and renew my life in our Lord, all else seems to be irrelevant. Our church is building a new building, very stressful for our poor priest as well as the congregation, yet we all seem to get to the basics of our faith each time we have God present in worship. Ten years in the church and still struggling, isn\'t that what our Lord promised us, hope in Him but not perfection on earth.
Be the first person to like this.