Viewing Single Post
Thread: Are you ready?
Kseniya Mierzejewska
Sandblasted wrote:
I'd like to think that I'm ready. And so I struggle as I oft do with the memories of the forgiven wrong. Is it a decision of the will, or a warm fuzzy feeling? O Lord God, have mercy!!!
I don\'t believe that forgiveness is a feeling, myself. I\'ve heard it said that forgiveness is a conscious decision to leave the judgment of the person who wronged you up to God -- in that sense, it\'s a decision the same way love is a decision. It\'s nice if the warm fuzzy feelings come with it, but the feelings aren\'t the point. (I\'m no good at the feelings part of forgiveness.)
I\'m a little apprehensive about Forgiveness Sunday this year. We had a not-insignificant kerfluffle in the parish last year, and the married couple responsible for it remained in the parish (much to the discomfort of many). I had no part in the kerfluffle, but I\'m feeling goaded by my conscience to approach them on Forgiveness Sunday and ask their forgiveness, because it did affect me. But I\'m also absolutely terrified of the both of them. It\'s going to take a major effort for me to go anywhere near them, much less speak to them.
Lord have mercy on me a sinner!
Be the first person to like this.