Viewing Single Post
CampNazFanatic wrote:
Concerning the ones for the Forerunner, if they don't exist, would it be possible to write them? I mean...Sts. Romanos, Andrew of Crete, Kassiane, etc... were just ordinary people. They turned out to be Saints, but I know some hymns say "by so and so" who if he's a Saint, i've never heard of him. And I was thinking something like the following to the melody "I Zoe En Tafo" (The first Stanza-Byzantine Style) to be sung on Aug. 29, the day of his beheading:
The Impious Herod * not a fan of thy preaching * promised to the little girl whatever she wanted * and she asked for thy most-precious head.
Hey Manoli the Canoli,
Certainly it would be possible to write them. After all, we have apolytikia for the more modern saints like St. Nektarios (to the tune of \"Ton Synanarhon Logon\") and Herman of Alaska, don\'t we? Somebody had to write them. Plus an entire vespers dedicated to St. Nektarios. Just because the majority of the great hymnographers and Church Fathers lived a long time ago, doesn\'t mean there cannot be more of them today! I don\'t know of an engomia for the Forerunner or any other saints but if I find one, I will let you know.
Manny (the other Manoli)
Be the first person to like this.