Viewing Single Post
Thread: Patron Saints
James Anthony
Anjali wrote:
I am curious about what people mean by the patron saint choosing them? What is that like?
In the same sense as the man Joshua; who, when the camp of Israel convinced Aaron to make them a god to go before them because they did not know what had happened to Moses on the Holy Mountain; after Samuel there were men who followed the prophets. There was a \\"school\\" of prophets\\". Elisha, staying true to the God of Israel; followed the prophet Elijah. Who when he understood that Elisha would not turn back from following, granted Elisha\'s wish that a \\"...portion of the Spirit...\\" that was on Elijah would come upon him.
The book of Hebrews tells us that we are surrounded with a \\"...great cloud of witnesses...\\", who are the saints who have gone before us, who believing in Jesus, though they are dead, yet they live. They are watching us as we struggle onwards in our journeys. And, each sees in us something of the spiritual verve which so animated their lives. As well as the sins which so troubled them.
I pray that helps you. Pray for me:
the sinful and unworthy servant
Be the first person to like this.