I have read the Golden Compass Trilogy, up to the third book when I stopped about halfway through. Let me be plain. The books were extremely well written, very imaginative, and captivating. The characters were dynamic, interesting, and well thought out.
I am surprised I read as far as I did, the only thing that kept me going was that they were recommended by a fellow Orthodox Christian. Let me state this plainly. The books explicitly named God and launched an assault on Him, reducing Him to a selfish and power hungry creature that manipulated people and their souls for His benefit. One part of the third book involves the characters releasing the dead from hell, where everyone went. There was no heaven. Another scene involves a St. Michael figure trying to kill the children.
These books are blasphemous. I would not watch the movie. It is tempting to say, \\"but the books are so well written...\\" but I think that is part of the devil\'s cunning. They are garbage.
Having said that, I definitely appreciated Harry Potter as a series books that are entirely appropriate to read as a neat adventure, and I ignore the completely useless and pointless \\"revelation\\" by the confused author. Pretty pathetic stunt, really.
Be the first person to like this.