Viewing Single Post
Natanael  Perez
Personally I thought the movies were good. My favorite bad guys where the twins with the white dredlocks.
If you want a movie collection that has something to do with Christianity then you need to look at Star Wars (IV, V, VI). I\'ll explain my thesis or nerdness.
Darth Vader is the vicor of the emperor
(the Pope is the vicor of Christ)
The Emperor has the red imperial guards
(Catholic cardinals)
Luke Skywalker
(is Martin Luther leader of the reformation, also Luke Skywalker cuts the hand off of Vader -symbol of Luther attacking the Pope yet he becomes his own pope)
The Death Star
(St. Peters Basilica)
The rebellion is a group of rebels only to destroy the Empire
(Protestants)
Chewie
(Pentecostals - speaking in tongues and all that)
Ewoks
(Omish, Mennonites, very primitive)
The Force
(its the so called dead Religion even by the generals of the death star)
Yoda
(hermit monk of the \\"dead religion\\", uses physical training to develop the force,)
Enjoy :)
On a serious note, Star Wars does show what the basic Christian realm is like. You have the warfare of the industrial revolution. The age old human sin of creating our own world on our own terms, rather than God\'s world on God\'s terms. Even though the feat of the Death Star is impressive on a evil scale Vader says its no match for the power of the dark side. You see the basic elements of the training of Luke Skywalker with extreme isolation in physical training comparable to the hermits of silence started in Sketis, Africa. Luke having to accept his past, and in order to make choices in doing good. (You live by the sword you die by the sword, Vader\'s and Luke\'s hand are cut off). Yoda and Ben are dead but alive always interceding and helping Luke, which is the symbol of the Saints.
Enjoy! :)
Be the first person to like this.