Paul Fallon
Greetings, friends in Christ. Happy New Year! I'm a convert from Roman Catholicism and have been (Greek) Orthodox for 12 years. I'm interested especially in liturgy, iconography, and chant.
My wife is in hospice at home since May 2009 and caring for her for the last 16 months has been both a privilege and a strain. I think I'm starting to get caretaker fatigue and hope to get some support in part from OrthodoXCircle.
God bless!
--Phonologos (I'm a phonologist).
Be the first person to like this.
Dia Lamb
Welcome! Many years for these Holy Days!
May God grant you all the strength and hope, joy and love you need for all that this year may bring.
It's been some time that I've been active, but I do know that often, some of the groups can be more active than others. You can sign up and you will receive their emails in your inbox.
If you get too many of them, you can always go to the group's page and deselect the option to receive email.
I am sure you will make some good friends here, and perhaps people who also deal with similar circumstances. I do know a couple of friends who are taking care of their fathers and it is indeed very tiring, but a huge blessing too.
Having been raised in Greece, it is also \"the normal thing to do\" when someone from the family is sick - since there's so few outside entities that can help, it's always the family that takes care of their own.
It's always better with love...
I can imagine it also is tiring tiring tiring..at times..
God be with you!
Be the first person to like this.