hello everybody!
heres a short form of my story: I was born in russia and lived there until i was 7 years old, we escaped communism and went to germany where we had an aunt and lived there for about 16 years and now i live here in louisville since 2006. i have lost my connection to our holy church for a while in germany because i could never fully understand the services since they were all in slavonic. when i moved here with my husband in 2006 i didnt care about church very much but after being here for about 4 months i statrted missing my family and people who understand my culture and beliefs and i knew that i could find them only in an orthodox church so i researched and found an orthodox church in my city via the internet just so that i can meet some russian people and when i went to church and for the 1st time attendet a service that was served in a language i could fully understand, i was shocked and amazed at the same time! all these years that i spent in church every saturday and sunday all these words have been said and i didnt even know!! well, my life copletley changed. im a different person and my main goal in life is to work for the salvation of my family and mine and to live my life according to gods will. i love the church so much and i cant imagine a life without her. and im very happy to have found this page where i can meet my brothers and sisters in christ who share the same love for our mother church.
Be the first person to like this.
John Chan
what a great story!
Welcome to the circle.
Thank you for the lovely note. Today we heard vespers before Annunciation in English for the first time (with Greek and Slavonic here and there) and it was so deeply moving. An added gift to a beautiful service. Kay
Marie Moffitt
Welcome. I still feel that French is the \"real\" language of the Liturgy, just because it was the first language I speak fluently in which I could follow the services.
thank you all for the warm welcome!
and yes, Chrysanthos there is always hope. :-)
Lorraine Abraham
Welcome Vera! I know exactly what you mean. One of the things I love about the Church is that connection with the ancient and, to be honest, the ethnic. I love both the Faith and the culture that surrounds it, but I understand when others long for an \\"American\\" Orthodox church in which they have full linguistic understanding.