Hi! I\'m Steven Vuleta and I\'m fairly new to Orthodox Circle. I\'ve been looking a long time for a place like this to connect with other Orthodox Christians and I\'m glad I was able to find it.
My friends call me Steve and Vuleta is actually a Serbian name. My father comes from the Serbian Orthodox tradition and I was Baptized and Chrismated in January 2004 at Holy Cross Antiochian Church in Baltimore, MD under Father Gregory Mathewes-Green. I attended college at the U.S. Naval Academy and helped found the Orthodox Midshipmen Study Group as well as the Annapolis College Ministry with Subdeacon Robert Miclean from my church. I received a commission in the Marine Corps as a 2nd Lieutenant in 2006 upon graduation and am currently stationed at Naval Air Station Pensacola, FL.
I don\'t really have a favorite hymn...they\'re all still so new to me! In scripture, my particular favorites are Philippians 4:13, the 23rd Psalm and Ephesians Chapter 6 (spiritual warfare). My favorite prayer would have to be Jesus Prayer, mainly because I find myself saying it so often throughout the course of any given day. I enjoy the books by Bishop Kallistos Ware as well as C.S. Lewis and the \"Lives of the Saints\" on the OCA website.
I\'m certainly glad to be here and hope to make a few friends. Apparently the price for membership is going up in Nov? Thats a downer. In any case, I still hope we can be friends. Take care and God bless!
-Steve
Be the first person to like this.
Dia Lamb
Rejoice in Christ!
Welcome Steven!
Our Circle is richer with every member! Stick around and get to learn who of us are more crazy than others!
If I can give you a hint, it\'s that the groups are generally more active than the forum!
In Christ,
Dia
Be the first person to like this.