Viewing Single Post
...hmm, the rest of my post got cut off.
To the above, I aslo added...if you notice, immediately following this statement, it says that the leaders of the Jews recognized that they had been with Jesus. I think it\'s incorrect to say they knew even Judaism enough to know who Christ was, since he had to reveal himself to them, even after his resurrection, \\"in the breaking of the bread.\\" But, these ignorant and unlearned mean learned to properly interpret the Old Testament scriptures, precisely because they knew Christ, and understood the entire history of their people because they believed in Jesus and saw Him as the fulfillment of all the promises.
I don\'t know if we\'re saying the same thing different ways, but they WERE ignorant and unlearned men, at least, in the eyes of the world. And thus, it is that the foolishness of God is wiser than the wisdom of men, and that the ignorant, unlearned, and the women (who could not be legal witnesses in Jewish OR Roman law) testified to the truth of Him who conquered death and brought life to the world.
Be the first person to like this.