I sympathize fully with what you say. I don\'t feel a need to withdraw from society and forsake friends and family life, or make promises I can\'t keep. I am still pursuing a better life; I just happen to have more time to pursue intellectual things. I\'m looking for a relationship with a lady, just have not yet been blessed with success in that aspect of life.
I think most of us just want to love and be loved. Love doesn\'t come easy.
Anything that happens in life doesn\'t just happen; we must make effort to make it happen, relying on God\'s mercy for the outcome of all our efforts. Where we fall short, it is usually our own shortcoming; and it is not ever God\'s responsibility if something good doesn\'t happen.
I believe as you believe, though. Not everything comes from logical, intellectual thought.
There is nothing wrong with wanting to relax in Tahiti; it\'s just that most of us won\'t have time or money to pursue a good time that way. Personally, if I fail to fall asleep,
I have a better and happier day each new day.
My idea of a happy vacation would be anywhere anytime anyplace where I do not fall asleep and get enough food to eat, and the food is good, and the people I\'m around are fun to be with and don\'t annoy me. And where I think before I say something I regret later.
Take care.
God have mercy on us, come what may; may we find our way through life to make things happen as far as our efforts can get us more happiness and success in life.
Scott in Pennsylvania
Be the first person to like this.