Dear Friends, Besides the Orthodox Study Bible, there is the Orthodox New Testament from Holy Apostles Convent in Buena Vista, CO. There is also a translation of the Greek Pentateuch and other OT books in the making. Then there is the EOB Eastern Orthodox Bible, in three volumes, by Rev. Pr. Laurent Cleenewerck. Please do a wikipedia search of Laurent Cleenewerck and also a wikipedia for English Bible translations. There is also the NETS New English translation of the Septuagint, the Apostles Bible (also called English Majority Text version). I have not obtained all of them, but besides Sir Lancelot Brenton\'s English translation of the Septuagint. The Apostles Bible is a new version of Brenton\'s work, I believe.
Take care.
Please let me know what you find out about Pr. Cleenewerck\'s work. He has a book \"His Broken Body\" on Orthodoxy versus Catholicism available in book form at Lulu.com
Take care.
God bless all.
Scott Harrington :grin:
Be the first person to like this.
The Apostles Bible (English Majority Text Version) and the NETS are done by non-Orthodox scholars working on the Greek OT and Greek NT, but it may be interesting to use them, as they refer to Sir Brenton\'s Greek OT English translation, and Brenton\'s OT Bible is available in Orthodox Church bookstores.
I have the NETS on order. I have more confidence in the Greek they\'re using than the Orthodox Study Bible. Moreover, the former is a new translation, whereas the latter is an update of the NKJV.
Please keep us informed what you learn about the NETS Bible. Who did the translation; were there any Orthodox Christians, or were they all non-Orthodox? How does their work compare to Brenton or whatever translation of the Greek Old Testament in English you have; when the new English OSB Orthodox Study Bible, OT Old Testament comes out, Febr. 2008, can you obtain a copy and see how it compares to your NETS Bible? Perhaps the PSALMS would be a place to compare OSB, NETS, and BRENTON. Do you have Sir Lancelot Brenton\'s version of the OT Septuagint in English?
Merry Christmas. Christ is born! Adore and glorify Him!