Donna Witek
This is always a fun way to learn about everyone -- you can learn a lot about a person by what books are on his or her nightstand!
Be the first person to like this.
Ryan McGee
Fathers and Sons (Children) by Ivan Turgenev.
It concerns nihilism. Pretty interesting.
I just finished reading \"Precious Vessels of the Holy Spirit\", and I'm currently reading \"The Forgotten Medicine\", and \"The Mystical Theology of the Eastern Church\". The last one I have to read very slowly.
The Forgotten Medicine is a very good book. I think as soon as I finish the books I am reading I will reread it again.
The Brothers Karamazov
Up to Volume Three of The Gulag Archipelago, the poetry of Anna Akhmatova, and a book on the trial of Andrei Sinyavsky and Yuli Daniel. Beach reading, if you like.
Vasiliki Didaskalou
Hey, I am reading:
-St. Silouan the Athonite by Elder Sophrony
-Enlargement of the Heart by Arch. Zacharias
Noth books are closely integrated. there is a third book that follows on from Enlargement of the Heart, by Arch. Zacharias, but I havent started that until I finish the first two ..
All three books are based around the Spiritual Counsel of St. Silouan - the emphasis being bringing God into our heart - the Uncreated Light. Easy to read ... hard to accomplish I must add :)
Still reading the Church in History Series....Formation and Struggles: the Birth of the Church. I am the kind of reader who underlines, writes notes, and recaps after every chapter. So it takes me longer to get through, but I want to be sure I learn what I'm reading in cases like this.
Just started A History of the Byzantine State and Society by Warren Treadgold.
I am reading The Idiot by Fyodor Dostoevsky for the third time.
Ana
I'm always reading way above my kid's heads. So I Promised my daugter we would read the Artemis Fowl series together. Then she started HArry Potter. Well, a year later she's finished all 7 books and we are just starting. I hope she hasn't outgrown these now. Guess we'll find out.
Lonely Planet travel guides. The closest I can come to a proper vacay right now :( I've also got some Dostoevsky on hold (The Brothers Karamazov and Demons), and I have reread a little manga---anyone here familiar with the work of Rumiko Takahashi?
tasha21 wrote:
Nothing but Managa.
Manga-Japanese comic books.
Does anyone here read manga??
I love manga! Well, to be honest I've only read Death Note, but I really enjoyed it and want to start picking up another series soon.
Right now I'm reading The Orthodox Church and Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Caroll. While I loved Alice in Wonderland I'm finding Through the Looking Glass to be quite boring. =/
My husband was blown away by Mountain of Silence.
I used to look at them over people's shoulders on the train when I was living in Kobe.
Ha ha! I still haven't figured out that a quick response does not appear under the item. I used to look at Manga (Japanese comic books) over people's shoulders. Right now I'm reading Facing East by Mathewes-Green. I'm also reading Franny and Zooey. Just finished The Memory Keeper's Daughter, a beautifully written novel.