Viewing Single Post
To be honest, forgive me if this is offensive I'm a sinner, but I think Christian rap or really just about any kind of music that bears the name of \"Christian\" is gone astray and is far from Christian. If I have offended the previous posters, forgive me. I am the worst sinner. However, I think that true worship comes from stillness and a quiet heart. The fast pace society, pride, egotism, and many other deadly sins bleeds all over these supposed \"Christian music\" artist who are usually protestant. They are probably saints compared to me, but I am not the one to look at as an example. If we look at and compare the things that they say to the saints (even saints of our day like St. John Maximovich, St. Silouan, Elder Joseph the Hesychast, etc...) we will see that the things they sing and rap about can actually be deadly to our souls. Forgive me, its been a long time since I listened to KJ-52 or really any of them. I had put all of it away pretty much since I became Orthodox. If I am wrong, pay no attention to me, I don't know anything.
Like (1)