Viewing Single Post
Kandila_ana wrote:
Not all ads and banners are a bad thing. I have learned about many new, worthwhile sites and products from Banners and links...
I would never have found the Orthodox Circle had I utilized Blocking software. We must remember the Internet is only successful because of it potential advertising revenue. Without commercial capitalization the Internet would still be available only at University, Think tank and Government levels as it was in the 60's & 70\"s. Yes, it's been around that long. So I think I'll live with the ads and try to filter the trash. Besides I really respect good advertising.
Well I just wanted to let people know there is a great program for IE7 that can block ads. For me, personally, I am happy to be able to block this content as nine times out of ten the ads contain some type of gimmick, are completely deceitful, are of an \\"adult\\" nature etc.. You can also put certain web-sites on your safe list as well. Believe me when I tell you it is nice to know you can browse the web, even with your kids around, without ever having some elicit pop up or advertisement displayed.
Be the first person to like this.