Viewing Single Post
BlackK wrote:
artintel wrote:
BlacK: If you remember history there was much hope placed on Chamberlain's initiatives. England wasn't prepared for the war. There were dozens of other political initiatives to defuse the matter. Even though armies were raised, the average individual, under the heal of an economic depression, couldn't believe that such a social and human tragedy would unfold again so soon after World War I.
Your above statement contradicts your earlier post which stated that the outbreak of the Second World War came out of the blue, without forewarning.
Actually, he said \\"who would have believed in the pleasant summer of August 1939, that by the end of the month, World War II would break out.\\" I\'m sure most people wouldn\'t have believed it. Would you have believed Muslim terrorists would fly two airplanes into the World Trade Center towers in September 11th? Would you have believed that we would be at war in Iraq again? His line of thinking simply illustrates that we never really know what to expect but we can \\"sort of\\" foreshadow what is to come based on the warning signs which prevail. I hope he is incorrect.
Be the first person to like this.