Viewing Single Post
I had actually first heard of this incident from a protestant friend of mine. Coincidentally this friend is a fan of the movie \\"300\\" (a fictionalized accounting of a major historical battle).
He expressed to me that he thought it was cool that Greeks are so fierce and passionate like our ancient roots.
Then again another protestant friend, a former pastor said it was crazy and shocking.
To which I can only tell him that for a very long time the Greek people have been sold out by others professing to be fellow Christians. We are a passionate people, and we learned long ago when we are threatened our natural tendency is for our claws to come out. Sometimes our passions get to even the best of us, after all we are only human.
We are taught to be a non violent people by Christ\'s example. Who among us hasn\'t had His words to turn the other cheek effect us at a profound moment in our lives. But that doesn\'t mean we are going to lay down and be walked over. There are issues going on at our church and both sides do not wish to be stepped on. This incites out passions and again none of us are perfect.
Then again I have heard the expression, to whom much is given, much will be expected. We expect much of our priesthood and of our monastics. I have heard the expression said that if you ever wish to see the overall health of the church, look to see how the monastics are doing.
Which begs the question, how are we doing?
Be the first person to like this.