Viewing Single Post
CampNazFanatic wrote:
Example, we can draw the conclusion that it is human, it is natural, it is part of our nature, to please God and to do His Will, by loving Him, loving our brethren, and keeping the Commandments.\"
In other words, saying \"We're human and prone to make mistakes\" doesn't cut it. It is HUMAN to please God. Now, because we live in a fallen world, we have a tendency to sin (correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that this is the Orthodox \"original sin\" similar to what the RC's call \"concupiscance\" or something like that. We don't believe we're actually guilty of Adam's sin). But that doesn't mean that we shouldn't try to live above our expectations as fallen creatures to what we were created to do and to be...pleasing to God.
Hmmmm, I don\'t know, sounds like you caught me on phrasing. I said my original statement based on apparent mistakes past administrators have made. Other points that had no meaning at all, that are accusations.
For instance people starved to death in WW2? What does that have to do with our current relationship with God? Could their point be that since we aren\'t true Christians or something this means He would want us to suffer? Are we now dealing with some nut ball talking head on TV condemning everyone for the actions of a few?
How about this for phrasing, tell me if it sounds better. Sin is not normal. When we do wrong its not a normal thing God intends us to do. For example its not normal for us to murder someone.
Some in the past have made decisions that were and are not normal. For whatever reason a theologian may wish to rationalize, we as people do it. Heck I just heard of a Romanian Metropolitan taking communion at a Roman Catholic church. This is not normal behavior for Metropolitans. His reasons for what many would call heresy are obviously not normal.
This other group is not acting in a normal true Christian way. Is this surprising of a group who choses to condemn rather than work to correct what they think is not normal? If one is so out of wack with what God thinks is normal its a downward spiral of logic from there as you no longer think in a manner that is what God normally wishes of all of us.
OK not perfect, but better?
Be the first person to like this.