Viewing Single Post
Manoli Maginas
nishizawa wrote:
when someone calls himself \"true\" orthodox, that automatically means that he acuses us of heresy, and that is something we cannot accept...
Ya I heard that story about that monk before. And I know they\'re accusing us of heresy. The heresy of ecumenism. And that is a sin. We can\'t compromise the Orthodox Faith. I don\'t mind ecumenism as long as we don\'t compromise the Faith. As far as Prots and RC\'s go, I can\'t IMAGINE that any Orthodox bishop with a conscience would give them Communion. As far as the Copts go, to me it seems that we are saying the same thing in different words, and there are some places where we are permitted to give the Communion and vice versa, if there is no church of ours in that city, and only the other one. But that is only b/c we are SOO close in belief (one Nature, fully Human and fully Divine (Oriental) vs. one fully Human Nature and one fully Divine Nature (Eastern)). And, ya know, I don\'t exactly agree with everything that the EP does, but I\'m not gonna go break communion, b/c, as Fr. Hopko said (and I think he was quoting somebody), the greatest sin is schism. So it has to be REALLY serious to break communion. And I\'m gonna speculate here, about the cross appearing over the house where the O.C.ers were worshipping in Greece: Maybe God liked their cause as long as they were doing it within the Church (at that point, they hadn\'t broken communion yet), but then after they broke from the Church, that was wrong. That might explain the Cross. But as somebody said previously (forget who), all the miracles or no miracles doesn\'t mean anything.
Be the first person to like this.