Viewing Single Post
You know I think about the shaky physiology of antiquity as well, however just because it doesn't comply with actual science now, doesn't mean that it should be completely dismissed either.
IMO, the fact that the Fathers and other writers throughout Orthodox history have done quite a great job at correlating these faculties to even ways that even the most modern of us can still relate to it. It just has to be applied.
I think the same way about the bible as well, how the earth was created before the sun LOL, but, it has to be in the book for a reason.
A few months ago, I find myself in a situation where I was feeling completely like sh#t, this had caused me to be completely angry at God and was looking for any excuse to abandon Christianity that I would possibly fine. I was getting tired of other Christians, this lifestyle, and everything else. If I went to church and recieved \"warm fuzzies\", I did everything in my power to ignore them because I just felt they were emotional sentiments that caused me to feel good. I was evaluating religion through the scientific method.
I have been trying to become Orthodox for almost five years. Never been christmated, baptized nothing. I was pretty annoyed myself.
The point is though, if you don't suffer on this earth, you will probably suffer a lot more on the next earth. Go read Job, see if that doesn't rearrange any of your thoughts.
and LOL @ \"i'm so old\" your profile says you aren't even 30 yet LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You make it sound like you're 67. Hell a lot of people don't even get their degrees until they're 40 or so, so you're not doing that bad.
Take everything with stride, be thankful, every struggle we get is an opportunity to grow closer to God.
I suck when it comes to being a Christian. But, maybe it takes time who knows.
Anyways, hang in there dude.
J.
Be the first person to like this.