Viewing Single Post
Andrew Leer
Survival/success in life is defined by how many plates you can keep spinning in the air at one time. If you've ever seen a guy doing a plate spinning act on tv, he puts a single plate at a time up on stick and spins them, and keeps them all spinning at once, life is like that.
The spinning plate is a metaphor here. A spinning plate might be a job you have, that has dead lines; it might be a relationship with another person, and you need to keep that plate spinning too. Paying for your rent, food etc, all spinning plates. The point is, that all of these plates have to spin at the same time, and to keep all of these plates spinning, it usually requires you to be able to comprehend what is going on all of your waking hours. I don't really have that right now, that's what is missing in my life; I can only keep one of the damn plates spinning, and that's the relationship with my parents. And the only reason that I can't do this, is because I cannot guaranteeing access to my ability to focus, and my ability to read.
Soon the question becomes, how long can I go without having a job, before people consider me unemployable? God has this awful thing that He does to people, He has no regard for their livelihoods. I remember that story in the Bible where Jesus sends the evil spirits into the swine, and those swine were some nearby people's livelyhood. What the hell God? I'm sure that's easy to not worry about such things when you're immortal, but when you're mortal it's a different story entirely.
Be the first person to like this.