This account has been removed.
Be the first person to like this.
The problem with illegal immigrants is when money is sent out of country....
Well that and identity theft, increased queues at Emergency Rooms, a semi-artificial demand for multilingualism the cheapening of legal immigrants\' work to become citizens.
Coming here illegally is still breaking the law. It isn\'t as though there aren\'t ways to come here legally, they just aren\'t as easy to do.
I think that immigration should be an easier thing to do legally. I don\'t think we should reward people who broke the law to work here with drivers licenses, welfare benefits or other social services. Yes admit them to a hospital but send them back to their country of origin when their treatment is done.
A group of people here illegally should not have political representation. Our government representatives are here to represent citizens of this country.
This account has been removed.
Moving here illegally is committing a crime though.
John Chan
outsider wrote:
Moving here illegally is committing a crime though.
*note: I take it this thread is only regarding the immigration laws of the USA. I do not know if the discussion applies to other nations
This is one of those topics where many opinions can be thrown around without much practical outcome. (Kinda like the \"death penalty\" thread)
I live near illegal immigrants. For all I know, I am probably related to illegal immigrants. But I do not feel that it is my civic duty to report these \"criminals\" to the INS.
If you do a google search, you can find a myriad of groups out there with suggestions of what you can do on a practical level if you feel that illegal immigration is a threat to the USA.
Celebrate the right to choose, yeah baby.
Illegal immigration poses a national security threat. Or haven\'t you heard about the people posing as Mexicans who are really Arabs with links to terror groups? I believe the borders should be closed and closed now. Our grandparents depended on no one but themselves when they came here--they came here because they wanted to contribute to American society and BE Americans. They didn\'t suck from the government welfare teat like today\'s illegals do. And our grandparents played by the rules and came here legally, and succeeded. Why do you think that the majority of people in jails in border states are illegals???? If they want to work here, fine, just come here legally and obey our laws like everyone else has to!!!
Manny wrote:
Why do you think that the majority of people in jails in border states are illegals????
Let me take a guess: Because being an illegal alien is the major crime committed in those regions?
No. In fact, we have incarcerated very, very few for that reason--I remember hearing just today that the number of cases that have actually been prosecuted and gotten a conviction just for being an illegal is LESS THAN 10! It\'s because they commit other major crimes like theft, murder, etc. I\'ve heard statistics that say the percentage of incarcerated people in places like Texas, Arizona, California, etc. that are illegals is over one-third. There is also ample evidence of illegals from places like Iran, Communist China, North Korea, etc. crossing our border from Mexico into the U. S., and I guarantee that they are not here because they want to be Americans. Call me what you want, but if defending and securing our borders against an invasion (which is exactly what it is), keeping our culture and our language intact (which is rapidly eroding) makes me a \"right wing extremist\" in some people\'s eyes, then so be it. Ask the people in Europe, especially France and Germany, what the influx of immigrants from Turkey and other countries has done to them. Nothing but racial and religious strife and economic problems. I wish I coud get free health care like the illegals in California get, and that state is going bankrupt because of it! The French are now changing their tune regarding immigration and the Germans are going to follow suit.