Viewing Single Post
There are a lot of great Orthodox books out there that may help your struggle to have some anwsers for your friends. One that is very good apprently is a book called, \\"Surprised by Christ\\" (even though its from a more Jewish perspective at first, it is still very good!) \\"West of Jesus: The Bible\'s Anwser to the Protesants Departure\\", as well as I\'m sure many other great books that others can offer. As well as talking to priests, especially ones who were former Protesant ministers turned priests....and so on.
My husband (boyfriend at the time) had been Methodist, and wasn\'t so sure about the whole Orthodox thing. Slowly but surely, with patience and prayers, as well as reading good books on his own....he finally came around, thank God!
I had one lady come up to me one day, looking ready for a fight, she said to me, \\"Why do the Orthodox say that they are the Fullness of Truth? It seems a little prideful and silly to me.\\" I was somewhat surprised by her very harsh question, and not being very theologically intelligent in these matters, could only come up with, \\"Well I guess really because it was the first!\\" :D
Be the first person to like this.