Viewing Single Post
Thread: Christian Names
My dad converted to Orthodoxy from Protestant. His birth name is Arthur. Since there is no known Saint Arthur, he choose the the name of the saint that is commemorated on his birthday, St. Alexander (forgot which one though). I guesss it\'s kind of fitting since they are both \\"A\\" names. Also, my mom converted to Orthodoxy from Roman Catholic and her mother unknowlngly named her Barbara, which her birthday is on St. Barbara\'s feast day. I was named Christine, so I was able to keep my name when I became Orthodox as a toddler. My husband converted to Orthodoxy a few years ago, his name is Adam. He kept Adam for church, but I haven\'t been able to figure out when his namesday is. There is one other St. Adam that was a monastic, but he choose Adam from Paradise. I wonder if that was a good choice?? My daughter Kaitlyn is named for St. Catherine and my other daughter, Alexandra is named after the New Martyr of Russia,St. Alexandra. Also, my sister is named for the New Martyr of Russia, St. Elizabeth, sister of St. Alexandra.
Be the first person to like this.