@vera_faith: \"I think that maybe it is ment for us to struggle until the end. i mean if we are christians then we are not of this world and our true home is the Kingdom of Heaven. and how can we ever get comfortable in a strange world far away from home?\"
You are right, \"you are not from this world\"... it is said that someone once was enlightened by The Holy Spirit and he could saw the real face of our nowadays world, he could saw (it was discovered to him) all the world being under a spell, he was walking on the street of a big city nowadays and he could saw everything under a very dark spell, big shops with jewelry of gold and diamants were in his eyes like cheap iron jewelry but to the other passers by on that street they were shining like precious things; expensive cloths done by big fashion companies were in his eyes like cheap fabrics but to the others around him on the street were looking like precious fabrics on which they would have agreed to pay thousands of USD, and work like nuts for this money; the parkings were full of cars, big cars, lots of cars that you can not have place to walk anywhere and he was seeing this like a spell of the devil who put in the heart of people \"proudness\" to buy bigger, better, larger, and this man could not see the use of so many and so big and so expensive cars in that city, this took for some hours, and he was terrified, he saw all the people around him walking happy, smiley, and talking like everything was ok, and he said to himself that like this were people in the Noe's time, nobody knew or cared about their souls but everyone was laying under the devil's spell of this world: buy more, have more, work more, earn more, bigger or larger, and in the end of the day you come tired at home, children want to eat, husband want to talk to you and you say \"tomorrow I'll pray, today I'm exhausted\", this is the devil's spell, to make people occupy all their time with work, job, worries, family and so on, and to live no time for taking care of his soul, but all what he's bothered about to be his earnings, and house, and cars and fancy clothes and everything, \"because my neighbour have so I must have also a bigger one\".
And when the soul will die and meet the Judge he will then see in what trap he felt down while being on earth and listening to the whisper of dark powers in his heart, and in what lie he lived all this life.
St Seraphim of Sarov once saw all the traps of devil accross the Globe and he cried to God and said \"God, they are so many, they are spead all over the face of the world, who could face them all and not fell into them?\", and he heard a voice telling him: \"Only a humble soul!\"
May God guide us well!
Sofia
Be the first person to like this.