James Anthony
There is no balance between faith in God, and the world.
The problem you and I have is knowing how to apply what we know is God\'s desire, REGARDLESS of the situation. And since situations are constantly changing, even though a principle never does, the application of spiritual truth is hard.
In prison the inmates will talk of their sentences and how much of it they\'ve done, as doing it \\"flat\\". In other words day for day, with no \\"good time\\" ( time taken off for good behavior). One inmate today was saying that he was a Christian, and living the life was hard but if someone pushed him, he\'d try to \\"...knock him out...\\" That was when I used the analogy of living as a Christian the same way as he did his time, flat, day for day.
If each of us truly follow Jesus Christ, we will never be totally free from difficult times. The task before us then is where our focus is applied. King David said two things which have helped me tremendously: \\" Pour out your heart to God, for He is a refuge for us...\\", and \\"...When my heart is overwhelmed, please lead me to the Rock that is higher than I.\\"
May our God through His precious gift of His Holy Spirit strengthen you mentally physically, and spiritually!
Be the first person to like this.