Be the first person to like this.
Steven Adams
This account has been removed.
I don\'t really see a point to discussing politics any more, since the election is over. There\'s not much more anyone here can do--what they can do they can do someewhere else. Unless you want to try a coup d\'etat. Be my guest.
We can certainly speak up and be aware of the issues and what\'s at stake.
Yea, the flag, thats what I am worried about...is there a \\"rolling eyes\\" emoticon any where?
Classy. Condemn Obama on a presidency he hasn\'t even been sworn in for. Give it a rest your rants won;t do anything beside inflame others with no change.
ReaderJohn wrote:
I don't really see a point to discussing politics any more, since the election is over.
Gradually I feel trouble and sadness of this never ending political argument here in the OC. Political partys may see each other as political enemys or at least opponents. We, as christians, should see each other as brothers and sisters.
Even though we as christians may have different political opinions, in all our hope or disappointment we should never forget: our very goal is a common one - and we pray for it every day: \\"Your Kingdom come!\\". And this Kingdom of God is not from this world. Neither this party nor that party stands for the Kingdom of God. And neither this nor that candidate stands for this Kingdom, nor can bring it about. And the best: nor can he do any harm to it.
Father Stephen Freeman in his blog \\"Glory to God for all things\\" (http://fatherstephen.wordpress.com/)writes: \\"the victory of one party or the loss by another is seen as a victory of religious significance.\\" And: \\"The Republican party is dead. The Democratic party is dead. Neither of them can give you life. They belong to a world that is passing away.\\"
So, please let us concentrate in this OC on that what is essential for our live and let us stop to argue, at least to argue in this unchristian way.
Jannis
Misha Sarov
Petros,weather here still summery..
Sea is wonderful.
We are waiting you...
:tongue:
I admit to the fact that I hardly know anything about political issues. I have my beliefs about certain issues, gay marriage, abortion and such....but I do know one thing. Whatever God allows is his Will and I submit to that Will.
I also know that now I must pray more that as a possible more liberal president, that he might make choices that please God. He is human and thus our brother after all.
Because I\'m not good at proving my point or making eloquent arguements, arguing for me seems useless. I make myself a fool. Instead I try and submit to God and to prayer and remember St. Seraphim\'s words, \\"Acquire a peaceful spirit, and around you thousands will be saved\\".
Ioannis, that was a lovely post. More eloquently said then mine!
We can only hope and pray that he will be guided by more than political (\\"I want to be liked\\") expediency.
Dave
Paul Barrera
Political discussions can be okay; divisive ones are not. This thread is now locked.