Viewing Single Post
I would just like to add that the term angry and rejoice and jealous (etc) attributed to God must not be understand as we understand it in human terms, since these terms where written by holy men (and the writing per say is not truth in itself, but the proper interpretation contains the truth about God). This is evident by the protestant churches, since they have hundreds of interpretations about any given sentence in scripture. So the bible itself is not perfect, but the proper interpretation of the bible can come close if not to total perfection. There is no way we can fully describe God using terms from our language first of all since we cannot compare God to anything and secondly because we cannot describe Him except by using terms we ourselves associate with the fallen world. Generally what I understand \\"God being angry\\" to mean is this: I have distanced myself from God and turned my back on Him. What I understand \\"God rejoicing\\" to mean is this: humbling myself before God and calling upon Him and turning my face back unto Him who patiently waits for our return. What I understand \\"God being jealous\\" to mean is this: turning to idols (anything can be an idol) and proclaiming them to be the true God.
It is probably best to follow Reader John\'s advice and speak about this to a priest.
Be the first person to like this.