Be the first person to like this.
Marie Moffitt
When Moses asks God who He is, the answer is \\"I am who I am and I have mercy on whom I choose.\\"
The Eastern Orthodox church does not presume to limit the mercies of God.
I agree with Maria... this is not true. Salvation belongs to God alone and He bestows it on whom He chooses (or for a better interpretation, basically those who thirst for salvation)
St. Nicholas of Zhicha said (paraphrased from memory; not totally sure if this is perfectly close but i think its close enough) it is easier for pagans to enter the Kingdom of God because much less is expected of them by God than is expected of us.
I always forget, who had sayd this:
\\"God has some, who the Church doesn\'t have. And the Church hase some, who God hasn\'t.\\"
Jannis
Natanael  Perez
Ioannis,
St Augustine says that in his book Christian doctrine. I believe others have said it as well, but I know I read St. Augustine of Hippo said it exactly like that. Nicene and Post-Nicene Father Volume set, book number 2.
Natanael Perez
Many of the Church Heirarchs have affirmed that \\"We know where grace is, but we do not know where grace isnt\\"
Thats not to say all things are equal, but that is to say We have found the True Faith, but we cannot presume to know if God limits himself to those who have not found the True Faith.