Viewing Single Post
Gordie Thomas
Promise wrote:
(a great post! I want to quote all of it but will save some space here--Gordie.)
I\'m reminded of an example given to me once (through reading or hearing, I\'m not sure) which helped to explain to me the Orthodox view of heterodox Christianity:
If I want to travel from San Diego to New York, and I want to go by the most direct route, the automobile club can offer me maps which indicate the most direct route.
However, should I decide to be my own tour guide, I may find myself passing through Portland, Oregon and El Paso and Chicago and Nashville and Miami and Cleveland before finally arriving at my destination.
The point was, one can deviate from the path and still reach their goal eventually, but why would they choose to do so, if their stated goal is to reach their destination most quickly and most directly?
So, we are tempted to look back to the west as we convert and want to cling to some of our favorite impromptu itineraries. However, why would we wish to turn from the fullness of The Faith to indulge ourselves in something distracting and less profitable?
Be the first person to like this.