Viewing Single Post
So I am more and more becoming convinced that my initial worries when first beginning to consider the Orthodox faith were a little unfounded. Namely I no longer think my ethnicity will be a problem with very many of the people in my parish. The priest seems open and nice and I feel a genuine love for the church.
My new problem is this though. I have seen it addressed a little on other sites, but I am hoping to get some perspective from some other people. The problem is about the West and my, \'membership,\' in it so to speak.
I love the Wests contributions to Christianity. I think for all of the bad things that the Roman Church has done, it has really contributed a great deal to the history of Western Europe. I like the music, the architecture, and I must admit I like that it does not necessarily see a separation between faith and reason.
I suppose to sum up, my new concern is that a conversion to Orthodoxy may constitute a repudiation of a lot more of my Western heritage than I want to give up.
I admit that this may seem like a silly concern or maybe even a flat out superficial one. Is it strange that I feel a sense of loyalty to the West, even as I feel more and more drawn to the East?
Be the first person to like this.