What is Salvation and how do you achieve it?
Be the first person to like this.
James, I could answer your question, but it would just be words since I don\'t know how they would be received by you. You have a lot of questions, which is normal and good, but I would encourage you to seek out an Orthodox priest and enter into a pastoral relationship with him where he could teach you about our faith. That is how most instruction has been and is done in the Church, since the priest has a responsibility for teaching and for caring for souls.
I would like to add to what Reader John said: Don\'t be put off my priests who may not care... its unfortunate that there are some out there. There are good priests on this forum and some out there in the world.
MichaelC Prout
LIFE without end.
Kenotic Theosis within the Church.
details,details...
James Anthony
Most people ask \\"what is it going to cost me ?\\", whenever inquiring about salvation. Salvation, as Christians understand it, is a gift of God Almighty to those who receive His Son, Jesus Christ who lived, died, rose again, and ascneded from earth to His Father\'s side; all for one reason, our salvation.
So what\'s all this other stuff about? Because of who we are -humans- there are things in us which if left to ourselves would block, and or, hinder us from enjoying the gift of God, our salvation.
If you have, or know of a good priest . he should be able to answer your questions more fully!
This account has been removed.
FrGregory that is good advice and I am wondering if you are doing any of that yourself? Have you made any strides in joining Canonical Orthodoxy yet? I wish you all the best!