The Pirates were too cute for words! I have always loved Veggie Tales- my love started with Rack, Shack and Benny (3 Youths) and then the Dave and the Giant Pickle (David and Goliath.) So you can imagine how happy I was to take my 4 year old son to the big screen to see the jolly veggies.
Unfortunately, although he is very familiar with the characters and their many silly songs, he was terrified for the entire second half of the movie. In his defense, the attack of the chomping :grin: Cheese Puffs was a bit scary. (I used to regard them as a very harmless snack barring the possible cheese stains on your clothes.) And in the end the writers did a great job of calming his fears with a silly song of Rock Monster!
I\'d love to discuss the theological morsels in the movie if anyone is interested.
Has anyone else seen it? Any other Veggie Tale fans out there?
Be the first person to like this.
John Chan
Haven\'t seen the movie yet, but I am a fan.
Although, I\'d rather be a cucumber if I could.
You\'re cool enough! No matter what they say. :)
I got to know the Veggie Tales through my younger sister and nephew. I like the hostile peas that launch slushies from the walls of Jericho. They all speak with French accents.
Yea yea yea yea, I\'m a closet Veggie Tales fan. I don\'t really keep up on them though since NBC made them remove all references to God, like their normal ending, \\"Remember kids, God made you special and he loves you very much.\\"
OK yea I dig that a big multinational company has to be neutral in all things but geez why gut their core messages?
I remember going to see Jonah opening day by myself. LOL the girl who sold me the ticket just looked at me like I was crazy and said, come on, really what movie are you going to go see. LOL I just told her no really I\'m going to go see Veggietales.