Viewing Single Post
Thread: Sunday work?
Ana
In regard to the Law and right to worship; my son had a simular situation. Although he is never required to work Sunday mornings, he does work every Sunday evening. He is a college student and fortunate to have a solid job as there is intense competition for jobs in his area. The problem was this last year\'s Holy Week. My son had worked the entire \\"American Easter\\" weekend with the understanding that he could have off his \\"Orthodox Easter\\" weekend. When the time came he was told NO. His mgr. stated that everyone had to work Easter why should you have it off? To which my son explained: I did work YOUR Easter. Now I would like to have the time off to worship with my family, at my home church. Long & short of it is he was told, he would be fired if he didn\'t work. Sadly, the national chain is owned by an Orthodox family. Wonder what the law says about high holidays, Feast days..., not just Sunday worship? It was really sad not to have our son for Resurrection services. It\'s not like he\'s a doctor, he busses tables.
Be the first person to like this.