How come there hasn\'t been any new movie reviews lately? This whole year has been filled with new movies! I just don\'t know where to start!
Be the first person to like this.
Hey! I just posted a new thread to get responses to the movie The Parable of the Christ. Have you seen it? Take time out to rent it and then let me know what you thought!
ok. but I\'m not sure if I\'ll be able to see it any time soon.
My daughter gave me a DVD of the documentary \"Who the #$&% Is Jackson Pollock?\" Teri Horton, a 70 something truck driver buys a large colorful abstract painting in a thrift shop to cheer up a friend. Neither of them like or want it, so she puts it in a yard sale. A teacher passing by suggests that it might be an original Jackson Pollock. Horton spends the next few years trying to get the painting authenticated. The level of snobbery and cynicism from the art community is appalling, and yet entertaining. (Kind of like Jerry Springer for people with advanced degrees.) Particularly galling is the art experts' collective dismissal of scientific (forensic) proof. I recommend this humble little flick.
As my son works on his films of the decade list, I am unable to come up with the ten best of 2009. It probably doesn't help that I haven't seen 10 new movies. At the top of the heap are two: Up!, the Pixar animated feature and A Serious Man, written and directed by Joel and Ethan Coen. A Serious Man is about a man who is tested like Job and throughout the movie keeps getting into \"it\" deeper and deeper. There is some dark humor and stereotyping (the Coens were drawing heavily on their Jewish upbringing in the Mid-West). There are no big names, but the acting is terrific. I highly recommend this flick. Unfortunately it's not in wide release, so you might have to go out of your way to see it.