I just watched this movie last night and WOW. If you were ever a fan of the book for all its bittersweet wonderfulness, break out a box of tissues for this bad boy. Very well-down and the CGI wasn\'t over-the-top. The story stayed character-driven and poignant.
Be the first person to like this.
I took my daughter (a fan of the book) to see it. Everyone was holding back tears at *that* part of the movie. It was really good. AnnaSophia Robb is quite a talented young actress.
It was a wonderful movie, and all of my kids really loved it. I just hated the jabs at God and Christian belief...subtle and only a few lines, but totally pointless for the movie.
John Chan
I watched this movie with my kids. I don\'t think the jabs at Christianity were unnecessary or unwarranted. I think it\'s a good thing to discuss the differences of belief that exist, just as much as it is necessary to learn that what we see when we interact with others is merely a small window into what they\'re experiencing.
This was one of the saddest movies I\'ve ever seen. My daughters all thought so as well. Beautifully done, but very sad...
It was great except! THE GIRL DIED! What a bummer! It totally ruined it!
How did it compare to the book?
subscribe... lol