Jacqueline Homyk

I know there are some practical ways that the Church can reach out to college students. Honeslty, this is a critical time in people's lives where they set a trajectory for the rest of their lives and begin a journey out into the world. Being in college, I know that many many of us are lost spiritually and are turning to self destructive habits. Please take time to consider reaching out to the upcoming generation:

1. Provide opportunities for students to lead in the Church. (Lead children's Bible Study's, organize charitable events, assist the elderly in their churches, even supplying pet sitting opportunities)

2. Invite a college student into your home/ out to eat.

Getting off campus can provide an incredible ministry to reduce stress and soak in the love a family can only offer. Plus free home-made food? Nothing can beat that!

3. Visit a college and provide a basic need. 

Many college students need: academic help, laundry detergent, oil changes, carwashes. You could also put out a prayer box and allow students to annonymously write prayers and enter them into the box. Students may open up to you during this time. You could also bring food and coffee to campus during finals week.

4.  Exercise/go hiking/play a sport with a student

This actually  meets a practical need bellieve it or not. It can also be very entertaining for all participants.

*** Not many people from my church invited me out to eat, made a bracelet for me (a little girl), or would sit and listen to me think out my career ideas. All it took awas one to let me know that I was a part of a loving community. It was a great reminder of Christ's love for me. These small actions really do make a difference! 

Like (1)