Wilmary Nazario
Just wondering as I havent met many since I converted to EO.
Be the first person to like this.
Gordie Thomas
Do you mean Ethiopian Orthodox? If so, Fr. Paisius Altschul of St Mary of Egypt parish in Kansas City, MO is a great resource.
The correct word would be Hispanic. The word "Latin America" was first used until 1800's by England to refer to all the Hispanic Sub-continent, making this allusion from belonging to the "Latin Church" (Roman Catholic) therefore latins or latinos were the people inhabiting this area.

Anyways, the word used since before was Hispano-America, meaning that part of America conquered by Spain and which was part of the Spanish Empire.
Wilmary Nazario

The correct word would be Hispanic. The word "Latin America" was first used until 1800's by England to refer to all the Hispanic Sub-continent, making this allusion from belonging to the "Latin Church" (Roman Catholic) therefore latins or latinos were the people inhabiting this area.

Anyways, the word used since before was Hispano-America, meaning that part of America conquered by Spain and which was part of the Spanish Empire.

Not at all! Hispanic is someone from Spanish descend and Latino is someone from French/Italian/Portuguese descend. The Spaniards were not the only ones who inhabited Latin America. I would know because I am LATINA (from Italian descend) and bunching me up with the generic adjective Hispanic is an insult to my roots and my individual voice. It is probably comfortable for you to use a one fit all category, but as well as there are Irish, Italian, Scottish, British, etc Americans, there is a big difference and diversity wihin the Latino and Hispanic communities.

http://www.soaw.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=830
Last update on May 9, 10:40 pm by Wilmary Nazario.
Wilmary Nazario

Do you mean Ethiopian Orthodox? If so, Fr. Paisius Altschul of St Mary of Egypt parish in Kansas City, MO is a great resource.

I mean Eastern Orthodox Happy
Dawn Mason

I am a spaniard in the Eastern Orthodox Church.Hola.