Who here is familiar with the (former) band Burlap to Cashmere? And more particularly, with the lead artist Steven Delopoulos? He is a Greek Orthodox musician, and following the breakup of BtC, he has continued producing solo work. His latest album, \"Straightjacket\", contains his usual depth of lyrical storytelling - a compelling, often profound weaving of words - with a talented grasp of folk-acoustic sound that draws on American and Greek influences. He even features Greek Chanting from Mt. Athos on a few tracks!
You can hear some of his music at [url=http://www.myspace.com/stevendelopoulos]his myspace.[/url] I\'d recommend also the [url=http://www.myspace.com/burlaptocashmere]Burlap to Cashmere page[/url] for another good listen.
(I may be resurrecting an old topic, but it\'s one that bears repeating in a forum like this!)
Be the first person to like this.
*sits alone in the dark stillness of an unpopulated thread*
*listens to Burlap to Cashmere*
*grin*
\"Whoa-ho ho! Is there anybody out there?
Does anybody care?
Are the people really there?\"
-- actual BtoC lyrics from the song \"Anybody Out There?\" I thought it was ironic. *grins & continues listening*
John Chan
I\'ve got my bean bag chair and am listening to the myspace songs. Very kewl.
Pass the onion dip please.
Oh, cool! Forgive me if my joking replies seemed attention-seeking. But I\'m glad you\'re giving the music a listen!
Definitely an ethnic flavor to their music that could turn some new listeners away- but then I suppose Orthodoxy prepares us for a lot of different musical paradigms.
John Chan
For him who has ears...
I think folks who quickly dismiss something because it\'s unknown to them can\'t be classified as \"listeners\"
I\'ve been reading some of his interviews - quite impressive - on many levels.
Hey, I remember listening to BtC\'s album a long time ago. I really liked it and always wondered what happened to them. Thanks for the information about Steven Delopoulos. I\'d like to hear more of his music!
Sadly BtC only recorded one full album together before going their separate ways. So they weren\'t well known- though I hear they put on great live shows that were very memorable.
I\'m still hoping for a reawakening of the band. Steven Delopoulos has hinted at it!
...forgot to mention that I have the BtC CD if you\'d care to borrow it sometime.
I saw BtC a long time ago. They were the opening act, but I wished they were the whole show. They had a great energy. I will check out the links you provided. am curious to listen.
I am listening to the songs on his myspace! I think I may have to buy the album! Thanks for sharing!
Lindsay Vardalos
I still love the music and have it on my ipod. I\'ll check out the myspace page. Thanks for the info.