Ryan McGee
About two years ago, as I walked through a forest path that began in a cemetery, I came across this ruins. The structure is very old. A bridge further down on the path shows a date in the 1890\'s. What I can\'t figure out is what type of building this ruins used to be. I thought perhaps a crematorium or a mausoleum, maybe even a stable. Below is a link to a photo I took of one side. The oppose end of the 4-sided building was near identical. The other two sides had doorways it seemed.
[url=http://www.geocities.com/mcgeerpa/structure.jpg]Structure Near the Cemetery[/url]
Any architects who know this stuff are greatly appreciated!
Be the first person to like this.
Ryan McGee
Perhaps an archaeologist can help me out, too!
Well, it\'s not a Taco Bell..
Dorotheos wrote:
and you these things lying around
and you don\'t want these things lying around.
(sorry)
dorotheos
Ryan McGee
Very interesting... It looks like the windows and doors were sealed in at some point. The fireplace is huge and there is, what looks like, a large nice mantel above the fireplace which makes me think that people lived in this building at one time. The stonework is really nice as well.. (Note: I didn\'t really think it may have been a Taco Bell.. was just kidding.. haha)
Quite possible.
It looks like an interesting site. I like these kinds of historic spots.
Ryan McGee
Nikola wrote:
Very interesting... It looks like the windows and doors were sealed in at some point. The fireplace is huge and there is, what looks like, a large nice mantel above the fireplace which makes me think that people lived in this building at one time. The stonework is really nice as well.. (Note: I didn't really think it may have been a Taco Bell.. was just kidding.. haha)
More likely a Pizza Hut. :)
artintel wrote:
Crematorium?
I don\'t think cremation would have been practiced by Protestants (or Catholics) in America in the 18th & 19th century.
StGeorge wrote:
Nikola wrote:
Very interesting... It looks like the windows and doors were sealed in at some point. The fireplace is huge and there is, what looks like, a large nice mantel above the fireplace which makes me think that people lived in this building at one time. The stonework is really nice as well.. (Note: I didn't really think it may have been a Taco Bell.. was just kidding.. haha)
More likely a Pizza Hut. :)
A logical deduction considering the size of the large brick oven in the back... :grin: