Join us!
OrthodoXCircle - The Orthodox Christian Social Network

I was wondering which Saint you pray to for courage? Since I seem to have a real lack of courage. Thanks, in Christ, Andrew
Almost anyone will do! It takes courage to become a saint. My personal favorite is St. Maria of Paris, who died in Auschwitz. There is nothing to keep from asking God directly, too.
MariaM
Maybe read about the lives of the Unmercenary Saints. I believe there are Akathists to a few of them...
My friend, it is true that the lives of all the Saints, especially the martyrs, are marked by courage. Yet I pray to our Lord Jesus, who suffered crucifixion and death for the sake of us all. Perhaps this is not truly the answer you wished, and for this I apologize, for I am not trying, in my answer, to be \\"holier than thou.\\" I am simply at a loss to narrow your answer down to one saint, and I am also somewhat new to Orthodoxy.
The Theotokos, in one of the Compline prayers, is called the \\"refuge of all Christains\\". She has more than enough courage for everyone.
Minda Macrina
[quote] [b]Minda wrote:[/b] The Theotokos, in one of the Compline prayers, is called the \\"refuge of all Christains\\". She has more than enough courage for everyone.[/quote] I agree with Minda, in the Coptic Orthodox church we call Mary: \'the strong one during the wars\'. But I think it can also depend upon the situation... One time I had to sing in front of a big audience (abt 400) and I was soooo afraid and nervous. I asked for the intercessions of David, the psalmist, asked him to stand by my side while I was singing, and thank God I managed and it sounded better than my cat lol God bless
Greetings! In addition to up-close personal prayer, I would suggest incorporating reading the Agbeya or the Coptic Book of Hours during prayers. Some may find it a bit long but from my personal experience, once you make a routine of it, it really helps you focus on the Lord. For those interested: http://www.coptic.net/prayers/Agpeya.html
Lord Jesus Christ, Have Mercy on Me.
Our Lord Jesus Christ of course; because it is in him that we conquer, but also Saint George who was a warrior, as well as Saint Dimitrios of Thessaloniki, who was also a warrior. Now that I think it better, every saint is corageuous. Lord Have Mercy on Us. Amin.