Who thought \\"The Dark Knight\\" was an amazing movie?! The performance by Christian Bale and Heath Ledger was so terrific! I would have to say that it\'s the best movie of the Summer and quite possibly of the year! I saw the movie twice in theaters because it was so great! Christopher Nolan\'s Batman is the best to ever reach the screen and he did so well in putting the movies together. I look forward to seeing more of his work.
Be the first person to like this.
I thought it was great. Jack Nicholson who? I need to see it in IMAX again. Anybody pick up on the conservative elements?
TwoFace was in the original comics, and Bruce Wayne (Bale) deepened his voice, and it was also digitally enhanced to create the \'Batman\\" voice.
I also anted to add that TwoFace/Harvey Dent was in the original movie \\"Batman\\", and was played by Billie Dee Williams. He all of the sudden became white in \\"Batman Forever\\" and was played by Tommy Lee Jones.
He has been around since the 40\'s..but not affiliated with Batman.
Harvey Dent/Two Face has been a character in Batman for a long while now. Also he was usually white.
Natanael  Perez
I was impressed with the movie. I think some of the best dialog was when Two Face and the Joker were in the hospital. (Not the mention the funny outfit The Joker had on.) Where Heath is describing his character to Two Face. Such things as \\"I\'m a dog chasing a car, if I caught one I wouldn\'t know what to do with it.\\" With all of his descriptions on the havoc he is making, he really is just a nihilist. There is something thought provoking that a man who cares only about destruction and the only way to get rid of him is to destroy him, yet when that is done you become The Nihilist. I think the movies shows the state of our world today. That we live in every one has their own truth and sin is a spectrum. When a n evil man steps on the scene, the value scale of evil changes and people realize their choices makes them into one of two people.
What i mostly enjoyed about the movie was that it kept to the The Dark Knight graphic novel vs the cartoon series or comic books. In the comic books The joker has a love interested that died and he went insane. Here the movie keeps with the graphic novel , way more philosophical.
As you can see I\'m a bit of a nerd.
outsider wrote:
Harvey Dent/Two Face has been a character in Batman for a long while now. Also he was usually white.
Yea I meant that in the first Batman, he was black, and then later in Batman Forever, he was white. He was always white in the comics.
What I\'m wondering about (not having seen it yet) is where it (if anywhere) expresses our Faith or denies it (obviously, not openly and by name, but just by things that say, usually indirectly, (for example) \\"There is no truth\\" or \\"No hope in life\\" or whatever).
The Dark Knight was EPIC I was blown away! One of the best movies of all time! It also made the most money the most money an movie did. I was so amazed it was SO well done and perfect! batman is the ultimate super hero. Th Joker is one of the ultimate Villains!
Heath Ledger seriously screwed himself up over the role, though. He spent, like, 6 months in a cheap hotel room alone just to get into the role, and he died from an overdose (or conflict?) of depression pills and anti-anxiety pills. While I haven\'t seen the movie yet, I think Jack Nicholson\'s Joker in the Tim Burton movie embodies the Joker the way he should be: a slightly bitter gangster-gone-bad with something to prove and a very weird sense of humor. While he wasn\'t as dark and demented as Ledger\'s Joker, what made him dark and evil in my mind was how he was so light and cavalier about his evil deeds. That said, there\'s no way you can top Ledger\'s acting. It actually has not made the most money of any movie ever, since Titanic is ahead by about $80 million.
Brent Schlichting
DreadPirateWestly wrote:
Heath Ledger seriously screwed himself up over the role, though. He spent, like, 6 months in a cheap hotel room alone just to get into the role, and he died from an overdose (or conflict?) of depression pills and anti-anxiety pills.
He actually died from an overdose of a drug to help him sleep. He had Insomnia, which is a symptom of a sleeping disorder.
Great movie in a great series, but very dark. I think it was better than the first one, but I will watch the first again a little easier.
Speaking of Heath Ledger\'s untimely death .... I find the \\"Dark Knight Curse\\", \\"Billy Bob Thorton Curse\\", and other \\"Hollywood Curses\\" rather intriguing. It makes for a very good case to those who don\'t believe in Demons or the magnitude of demonic power.
DreadPirateWestly wrote:
Heath Ledger seriously screwed himself up over the role, though. He spent, like, 6 months in a cheap hotel room alone just to get into the role, and he died from an overdose (or conflict?) of depression pills and anti-anxiety pills.
i think it was one month;; and he wasn\'t filming The Dark Knight at the time of his death. he was working on a different movie. and as someone else mentioned, he was suffering from insomnia
The Batman movies, both of them, are very well written and acted. I have to say that The Dark Knight WAS very dark, and though I like it a lot; I will probably re-watch the first one more. I think the character Raz Algul was a great character because he was more than just a 2 dimensional \\"bad guy\\", I wish they had not killed him off!
agreed; both movies were excellent and raz algul had something special to his character.
Natanael  Perez
VaDave wrote:
The Batman movies, both of them, are very well written and acted. I have to say that The Dark Knight WAS very dark, and though I like it a lot; I will probably re-watch the first one more. I think the character Raz Algul was a great character because he was more than just a 2 dimensional "bad guy", I wish they had not killed him off!
In the comics Raz Algul does die but later , as all comics prove, raises from the dead to combat batman.