OrthodoxCircle was created to achieve several goals and all the features of the site reflect the heart of our mission:
1. To provide a safe, family-oriented, Christian, social network where Orthodox Christians can fellowship, meet new people, connect with their priest, parish and ministries and reconnect with old friends,
2. To communicate and learn about our Faith
3. To explore Orthodox resources and content
4. To discover ministry opportunities and find out about Orthodox events in your area.
5. To provide a welcoming place for serious seekers and catechumen who have discovered the Orthodox Church and want to locate a parish, a spiritual father, a mentor, develop friendships, find encouragement, faith resources, ask questions, get advice and help on their journey to the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church.
The site provides numerous tools that facilitate this mission. However, what makes OC a great place is our members.
Who’s behind OC?
OrthodoxCircle was created by Fr. Ninos Oshaana, an Eastern Orthodox priest serving in the Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco, who designed the site when he was a seminarian at Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology in Boston, MA. Using his background in web development and specifically social media, he envisioned an online community that could support the outreach and evangelism efforts of Orthodox priests and parishes, connect Orthodox Christians worldwide and provide a unique, multimedia channel for learning and celebrating the Orthodox Christian Faith to both Orthodox faithful and seekers. Fr. Ninos realized that OrthodoxCircle could be a vehicle to give back to others the knowledge and inspiration he received at seminary. OrthodoXCircle has the blessing of His Eminence Metropolitan Gerasimos of San Francisco of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America.
What makes OC different from Facebook?
Facebook is a business. OrthodoXCircle is a Christian ministry devoted to inspiring zeal and devotion to Jesus Christ and the Orthodox Faith.
Thank you for your support, presence and participation. Glory to the Holy Trinity. Glory Forever!